Gothenburg/Sweden, December 9, 2015.
POA Pharma in an expansive phase:
Increasing ownership in North American distributor, growing export globally (Photo TMS)
POA Pharma Scandinavia AB with offices in Gothenburg, Bergen, Hillerod and Helsinki is primarily marketing Pharmaceuticals and Medical Nutrition.
The company has a unique and attractive product mix and is rapidly increasing its export.
POA Pharma's CEO Tina Madsen Sandstrom foresees good business development.
– Our very strong expansion continues and over the next year we expect to sell in more than 40 markets in the Americas, Europe and Asia.
Increasing co-ownership in North America
In December 2014 POA Pharma Scandinavia AB acquired a 20 percent stake in Novam-Nutrition LLC, Oregon/USA and along with this also a directorship.
Now, one year later, POA Pharma increases its ownership to 70 percent.
The company name changes to POA Pharma North America.
– The US and Canada market is strategically important within our Medical Nutrition area and we expect an interesting development in the near future”,
– POA Pharma’ s strong expansion continues. Over the next year we expect to sell in around 42 markets in the Americas, Europe and Asia.
– The access to these 42 markets from 2016 will give POA Pharma a continous significant growth in the coming years.
Says David Lindsley, CEO of POA Pharma North America:
– We are exited for the increase in co-ownership of the business as it will provide us with resources to strengthen the POA Pharma footprint within Medical Nutrition.
Two product groups within POA Pharma’ s Medical Nutrition are important parts of the North American co-operation as well as for the company’s global export:
- Anti-secretary factor, AF, in the form of the products SPEC-Flakes and Sal ovum for the treatment of inflammatory bowel diseases, Ménière’s disease, mastitis and other disorders. AF is a Swedish research project based in Gothenburg/Sweden. POA Pharma holds the global rights.
Just recently the good effect of AF on Ménières disease was documented at
The 7th International Symposium on Ménière's Disease and Inner Ear Disorders, a world congress in Rome/Italy.
- In-house developed and manufactured products for patients with PKU, short for phenylketonuria, an inherited metabolic disorder that requires daily and lifelong treatment.
Tina Madsen Sandstrom stresses the importance of the AF and PKU products for the health and quality of life for patients and their families:
– Common to both AF and PKU product groups is that they are eligible for reimbursement in most countries, i.e. authorities pay for most of the treatment cost due to the vital importance of the treatment.
More in http://www.poapharma.com
By Carl-Olof Borjeson
This information including photo of CEO Tina Madsen Sandström is for free publishing.
Carl-Olof Borjeson Medical journalist
COB Media AB, Malmo/Sweden
phone +46 73-703 24 72
Leave a reply →